Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Written by 13 year-old child in TX Residential State Foster Care,


who is being abused in foster care:


My Life

I learned a man spoke last night

Of the wonders and terrors of the world

Of how to live right

Of how not to live wrong

He talked and talked and made me happy for awhile

And then he was gone

And I was alone

In the wonders and terrors of the world

And I was sadly happy

And I understood

That I was truly alone

Forever more alone

That I had my own wonders and terrors

He had seen and known

Now I have seen and known the wonders and terrors of my life.


13... Now 15 year-old child in Texas residential foster care and not allowed to attend a single hearing in six years!


1 comment:

  1. San Antonio caseworkers do not believe that Andrew writes in this manner. How can his own workers not know him well enough to realize that he is a very intelligent child with Asperger's?

    Now, at age 16, Andrew failed 10th grade! This child has never failed a grade and he is the type of child who "wigs-out" when not on the Honor Roll.

    Thank you CPS!! How many more children can CPS help to fail to obtain a High School Diploma!

    His younger brother has not advanced a single grade in FIVE YEARS!

    What is required for children in state foster care to receive a Free Appropriate Public Education?

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?
Suggestions or ideas?